http://www.ballisticbowstrings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/logo.png 0 0 Ted Harris http://www.ballisticbowstrings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/logo.png Ted Harris2015-02-08 10:32:012015-03-07 08:02:24New String Installation & Settling the Peep
- Before removing your old string set, measure and record your nock height and peep height. Your new string set arrives pre-twisted to the exact specifications of the bow manufacturer. and the loops are tied together to prevent your string and cables from untwisting during shipping. Install the new string set, untying the loops only when you’re ready to install each part of the string set onto your bow, making sure you don’t lose any twists in the process. Do not remove the heat shrink tubing that has been applied to your string.
- The center of the string is marked with a short length of serving material in the approximate location that your peep will be installed. Install the peep and any other string accessories at this time. Install your nockset and peep at their correct heights as recorded, but pay no attention to peep alignment yet. we recommend a single tie-in above and below the peep.
- Standing very close to a target butt, take 5 shots. Don’t even try to see through the peep. Don’t twist it before drawing; don’t nudge it with your nose. If using a string loop, do adjust that between every shot, so that it is always facing away from the bow.
- After 5 shots, note the orientation of the peep, then press the bow and add twists to necessary to bring the peep into alignment. If the peep is settled 180 degrees from the desired alignment, simply remove the peep, turn it 180 degrees, and re-install it. It’s always preferable to add twists rather than remove them. (When viewing the string from either end, twisting clockwise adds twists, counter-clockwise removes twists.) Avoid moving single strands from one side of the peep to the other. Always make your adjustments as described above.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until your peep is settled in the proper alignment.